Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The missing blogger


For those who've visited and wondered what happened to me, I've been away-- to India, specifically, for most of the month of January. It's a bit dusty in the blog, so I've brought a sweeper with me to help with cleanup.




What a rich cultural experience India is! The difficulty in communicating even a small part of the experience is daunting. I assimilate by sketching, so I've got quite a few pieces to share. I imagine pictures will get added a bit slowly, and at some point I'll be able to offer a link to a scroll or two.


This is a woman who came with a group of people doing a pilgrimmage to a temple by the ocean in Southeast India. (The temple was wholly underwater during the tsunami.) It was a beautiful day, and she gazed so longingly out at the ocean as the rest started to move away...

No comments: